New Book

New Book
Buy at website makingandumakng.com
The Making and Unmaking of a Marine is now for sale on makingandunmaking.com where you will find paypal and order forms please check it out.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Book War and the Soul by Dr. Ed Tick

Edward Ticks book War and the Soul a tremendous healing tool.
Some of you may know that what I do for a living is work at Four Winds Hospital in Westchester NY. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor LMHC and work with group of adults in a dual diagnosis setting in other words drugs and alcohol and psychiatric diagnosis, thus making up the dual. In my twenty years at this job I have treated many war vets as well as holocaust survivors, 911 victims, and abuse victims of every sort. Post Traumatic Disorder better known as PTSD is a common diagnosis. Anyone who has an interest in understanding such disorder would find reading Dr. Edward Ticks book War and the Soul a tremendous tool. Ed has gone beyond the common understand of this illness and has put a lot of the responsibility for healing veterans back on the community or county that sent their soldiers to war. He has done an historical study gleaning from the ancients’ knowledge that has long been put aside. During the reading of Ed’s book I would spend nights weeping along side my wife whose warm hand was comforting. It was the most powerful tool I have found for my healing from the war. It has my highest recommendation. Ed Tick has also started a nonprofit organization called Soldiers Heart a term that comes from the Civil War meaning PTSD “That man has soldiers heart”. Check out the link at the bottom of the page for more info on Soldiers Heart. I have gone to a workshop in Jan and am going again in June13-17, 2007. The info’s in the newsletter you can get from the link. If you’re a vet, someone interested in veterans and how to help them in their return, or simply someone who has been affected by war or knows a loved one who has been, there is no stronger medicine. I will be speaking more about Ed and his work, he and I are going to be working together in the future, keep posted.

No comments: