New Book

New Book
Buy at website makingandumakng.com
The Making and Unmaking of a Marine is now for sale on makingandunmaking.com where you will find paypal and order forms please check it out.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Women Veterans

May 18, 2007

My friend Dave president of the New Paltz VFW has been telling me that the public attention is now on women vets and their issue. I am sure the proportion of men to women in combat is so much greater that less is being said about women vets. I also have been told that there is no safe place in Iraq including the green zone so all soldiers men and women are possible victims to PTSD. The added issue for women is sexual harassment from fellow male soldiers. I would love to hear how women vets understand this issue and what kind of support do these returning women need? How should it differ from what men are getting or not getting? I would love it if some one would begin to write me about this issue.

No comments: